This year’s barbecue is set to be a blast, with tons of great people, great food and fun contests. The firehouse, and some local businesses have all been kind enough to give up some goods for free that we can offer up as prizes. Take a look at the generosity that our barbecue is being blessed with:
- Free admission to the theatre. That’s right, two free passes to the local movie theatre are up for grabs. And these are not for Sunday matinees either. These are tickets perfect for a Saturday night date. Just remember to bring some money for the popcorn.
- Firefighter helmets for the kids will also be offered up as prizes, as the firehouse went ahead and special ordered a batch for tiny heads. All the winners will need with that prize is the bright yellow jacket, and they are good to go to join the force.
- The deli downtown is giving away a top prize of a free breakfast sandwich a day for one week. 2 eggs and the meat of your choice plus a cup of joe or a juice. That sounds like a prize you can really sink your teeth into.
- Our local essential oil specialist is donating 5 essential oil diffuser necklaces for the top five winners in the bake off contests. The women are going to go crazy for these unique diffuser necklaces that allow them to emit natural aromas all day long.
- The grocer is giving away a month of free delivery once a week. Think of the time you are going to save by not having to go out to do your food shopping chores.
- For the fireman quote contest, the electronic store has graciously donated an iPad mini 3 for the top prize. We are proud of the spirit of this particular contest, and extremely grateful for such a generous donation to help inspire people to participate.
- A top prize for our children’s competitions is a new Nintendo DS hand held video game. This is a toy that has been all the rage for years, and will certainly be an incentive for the kids to join in on the fun.
- We are also happy to have received a donation of 3 free cooking classes for the firefighter who barbecues up the best grub. This is a pair, so he is free to take his better half to go along.
This is turning out to be quite the event, with plenty of fun planned for everyone. Gather the whole family and join us for a the biggest barbecue party of the year.